Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
All initial visit at Golden Center must be in person. At the discretion of the physician, follow up virtual visits may be scheduled for Illinois and Iowa residents only, and are subject to the same fee schedule.
Patients have unlimited email contact with their Golden Center provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule an in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Golden Center doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file at the discretion of the provider.
No-shows: If you do not show up to an in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file, at the discrtion off the provider.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Practice
It is important to know that we do not function as a Primary Care Practitioner. Because we are only available three days a week, and do not answer phone calls after hours, we are unable to take care of acute requests, for example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is also important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to contact your PCP, visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Non-Golden Center medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Golden Center will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Golden Center physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Golden Center.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Golden Center doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Golden Center physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Golden Center, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs, but may not cover testing done at some specialty labs Dr. Golden uses for his functional medicine approach.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Golden Center is right for you.